Sunday, February 15, 2009

600 Seedlings

Actually, only 544 in the flats above:
65 super sweet chen basil
135 opal (purple) basil
96 genovese basil
8 arugula
8 slicing tomatoes
8 king of the north bell peppers
8 cherry tomatoes
70 bolivian rainbow peppers
40 hidalgo chilis
50 sunrise orange bell peppers
40 italian flat leaf parsley


Me and my arugula, onions, and garlic.


A closer shot of my garlic patch.
I interseeded with Nantes coreless carrots today.


Onions, which i started from seed probably last September. They take forever.
These I also interseeded with carrots, Danvers 126.


Ever seen rosemary in bloom? It's bloomed the last couple of years, i have no idea why.


Seed saving from last year's Bolivian Rainbow peppers.
I left them on the plant all winter, so they went to seed.
I'll give the seed away or grow more transplants.


6 comments:

Paddy said...

Great selection & output. You have been busy. I like the rosemary petals.

Deirdre said...

I'm very impressed by the amount of seedlings you have sown. I'll have to get going on my little patch.
About the rosemary, mine blooms every year but I only allow a few blooms to survive as I think it would get very woodie and stop sending out new shoots if I don't cut it back. Thats my theory anyway.

Emma said...

Mike was a busy guy yesterday! All the more for us to eat in the coming months. I cannot wait until those onions and garlic are ready.

Ciara Brehony said...

Hi Mike! It's been ages since I checked in here. There was a gap around the time Emma stopped blogging and I thought you had stopped too!

Well obviously not! So sorry. I'll be checking in regularly now. It's so wonderful to see what you're up to. It really does lessen the distance.

Love Ciara x

Cliona O'Flaherty said...

Oh yum! I'd say that garlic will taste amazing! I love a good head of garlic, I was making soup last night and I was using this...."uptight" garlic, that's the only way of describing it. Teeney tiny and impossible to get the skin off!

whisperingpines said...

That's an amazing job!!! Well done!If everyone did just a little growing, how much better off we would be.