Friday, August 1, 2008

Fish TV

We may not have a TV, but we do have a fish tank, now with even more channels!

We more than doubled our fish population yesterday, thanks to a local Moroccan fish dealer we heard about through the grapevine. We now have about 9 zebra denios, 6 neon tetras, an albino bottom cleaner (we call him Moby, he's our favorite pet), an algae eater, and a guarini (he's called Labowski, or "The Dude").
Not soil related exactly, but worth a post anyway. I think i watch them as much as some people watch TV!

5 comments:

Emma said...

We have named the algae eater The Seat Sucker because apparently Mike used to suck the seats on the school bus when he was a kid, and this fish immediately reminded me of that; The Dude is so named because he is our biggest fish; And Moby of course is white. I was never good with scientific names.

Paddy said...

I guess the Latin for the Seat Sucker algae guy would be something like 'Suco Caveae Aurigae Mulvanii' [Sucker of seat of the chariot]! You could call him SCAM for short.

The aquarium looks great.

Ciara Brehony said...

Ha ha Dad!

This makes our lonely 'Skulls' look even lonelier since 'Bones' kicked the bucket. (Yes, not much for the ole scientific names here either Emma!) Been feeling guilty for a while now, so I suppose this is my prompt to do something about it....!

The Dirt Dude said...

Ok, just for the record, i did not *suck* the seat on the schoolbus! I merely rested my upper jaw on it as we went bouncing down the road... But i am honored to have one of our pets named in my childhood honor, regardless!

Paddy said...

Ok...to avoid confusion: Change 'Suco' to Concussio' [Shake]. That spoils the acronym!